Who says Keto has to be boring, or hard, or just all about bacon and cheese (but I DO love my bacon)?! This dish is freaking DELICIOUS!! This is an easy low carb meal with plenty of healthy fat and lots of protein!
Make sure you have a cast iron skillet for this! And I have to brag for a minute on how perfect my avocados were….I mean, how often does that happen?! It’s a moment to celebrate! Haha!
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (divided)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pasture raised)
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced in half and pit removed
- 1 red onion, sliced into thing rings
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice (save some wedges for garnish as an option!)
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos (healthier version of soy sauce)
- cilantro for topping/garnish *optional
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Heat large cast iron skillet over med-high. Add 1.5 Tbsp avocado oil to the pan, making sure to coat the whole pan.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and chile powder then add to the skillet. Cook 4 minutes on one side and one minute on the other. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Add remaining oil to the pan then add the avocados, face down. Cook for just a couple of minutes until the start to brown. Remove from the skillet.
- Next, add the sliced onion and sauté for a few minutes until soft and starting to caramelize. Keep the onions in the skillet.
- Add the poblano pepper and green onions to the skillet and cook for a few minutes. Add lime juice and coconut aminos. Combine well.
- Add the chicken and avocados (face up) back into the skillet amongst the onion mixture.
- Put the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 7ish minutes (make sure the chicken reaches 165F internally)
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more salt, if desired and with the cilantro and lime (optional).