Italian Wedding Soup (Low Carb)
I love how good bone broth is for you; however, I don’t love to just sip on it like some people do. Instead, I make soups, stews and chili with it! This Italian Wedding Soup recipe is not only low carb/keto it’s delicious and truly good for you!
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef (pasture raised)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil (I used one drop of basil essential oil!)
- 8 cups broth (I used my bone broth of course!)
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 6 oz. bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste after cooking
1) Bring the bone broth to boil in a large pot.
2) While the broth comes to a boil, mix all the meatball ingredients together (you’ll have to use your hands) and form meatballs (whatever size you prefer). I used a small cookie dough scoop, and they were perfect. Remember if they are very big they will have to cook longer.
3) When the broth starts to boil, gently add the meatballs.
4) Add the chopped vegetables (not the spinach) and spices. Simmer until everything is cooked through (about 20-30 minutes). The meatballs should be at least 165 F. and the carrots should be soft.)
5) When everything is done cooking, add the spinach and gently stir. Let the soup boil for another 1-2 more minutes until the spinach is “wilty”.
6) Remove from heat and serve!