Avocado Egg Salad
- Yield: 4 1x
This is a delicious twist on an egg salad, especially if you love avocados like I do! Plus, what a yummy way to get more healthy fat into your day. I love this on a bed of mixed green lettuce. However, you can make a lettuce wrap with it or opt for some gluten free bread.
- 10 eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (opt for avocado oil based. NO canola or soy…highly inflammatory!)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- mixed green lettuce or large leaves for a wrap
- Hard boil your eggs (I prefer to bake mine at 325F for about 30 minutes). Cool in a large bowl of cold water.
- Mix mashed avocado, mayo, lemon juice, mustard, salt + pepper in a medium bowl and combine well.
- Peel eggs and chop. Add to avocado mixture and combine well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
- option to top with chives