Zuppa Toscana Soup (Low Carb/Keto)
- Yield: 6 1x
Soup is such a great way to have something super delicious but also nutrient dense! This is one of my absolute favorites! I LOVE using bone broth in soup for all those extra nutrients like collagen, glucosamine, amino acids and gobs of minerals!
If you are a keto/low carb person, you will appreciate the cauliflower in this recipe (although potatoes would be fine as well).
- 1 lb Ground Pork, Italian flavor (pasture raised, no antibiotics or added hormones)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper (more if desired)
- 4 cups Organic Chicken Bone Broth (I make my own)
- 1 head Organic Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 cups Fresh Kale, ribbed and chopped
- Topping: 3+ slices of pasture raised bacon
- In a large skillet cook pork, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned and onion starts to soften. Add salt and crushed red pepper. Cook for another minute then transfer to soup pot.
- Add chicken bone broth and water and stir well.
- Add cauliflower and bring to a simmer. Let simmer about 30 minutes or until cauliflower starts to soften.
- While soup is simmering, cook the bacon and crumble for the topping.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, add the heavy whipping cream and kale. Combine well.
- Add any additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Top with bacon and serve!