Yes, this is better for you since it is low carb. However, quality matters too! I like to take things a step (or a few steps further) by using organic ingredients whenever possible. In addition, the beef I used is grass fed and finished, sustainably raised with no antibiotics or added hormones. AND instead of using just broth in this recipe, I used beef bone broth. Hello nutrient density! And it was DELICIOUS!!
- 1 lb beef (ground or whatever you prefer. I used carne asada)
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup beef bone broth
- 12 oz canned tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 2 cup shredded cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- In a frying pan on medium to high heat, add half of the avocado oil. Once it is warm, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add in the beef and cook until browned. Remove from heat.
- In pan, add the other half of oil and riced cauliflower. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and stir until well combined.
- Add the bone broth and canned tomatoes. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the onion and cooked beef back into the frying pan. Stir together.
- Add the cheese and let it cook without stirring for 2-3 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Top with red bell pepper, jalapenos, avocado, onion, fresh cilantro, and a sliced lime.