Cilantro Avocado Chicken Salad
- Yield: 1 1x
This is truly one of my favorite “go-to” recipes. It’s one that is so darn easy and yet delicious at the same time. I love to make extras of this one and eat it over the course of a few days.
You can also do whatever you’d like with it in terms of having it for lunch, a snack, even a side dish for a BBQ or potluck. It offers a good dose of healthy fats and protein so you will be feeling pretty good for hours after eating this yummy salad!
The good news with the avocados is that because of the lime juice, they tend not to brown as easily. I have also kept this in a mason jar before as well for better preservation. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Organic Chicken, cooked & shredded
- 1 Avocado, diced
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp Cilntro, chopped
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise (made with avocado oil)
- ¼ cup Sour Cream (full fat)
- Mix all ingredients well in a medium sized bowl (I like to double this recipe).
- You can eat this right away or let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. The flavor only gets better!
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, in a lettuce wrap or, if you are not concerned about carbs, on your favorite bread!