This is perfect if you are following a low carb protocol, but even if you aren’t it is delicious and everyone will love it! The flavor was outstanding and it was a pretty dinner to put together (win!). I also love that you can dress this up however you prefer with toppings to individualize for the fam. I am also not the biggest fan of leftovers, but this one was really good for lunch the next day!
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic
- 3 Medium sized Zucchinis
- 1 lb Ground Beef (grass fed and finished!)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1.50 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 oz Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese *optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim the ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving ½-in. shells. Line up the zucchini in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Chop the pulp up into very small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet add ground beef until no longer pink. Drain the excess grease. Add the reserved zucchini pulp and the chili powder, garlic powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, cumin and salt and pepper to the ground beef. Add the tomato sauce and water and combine.
- Fill the zucchini boats evenly with the taco mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from oven and top with favorite toppings.
- *The cheese is totally optional. If you are dairy free or just trying to cut down on dairy like myself for hormone reasons, this recipe is super flavorful and really didn’t need the cheese! It’s just that good!
- Serving Size: 6