Prosciutto and Veggie Egg Cups (Low Carb/Keto)
- Yield: 1 1x
Lets talk EGGS for a moment and just how amazing they are for us!
Eggs are an awesome source of omega-3 fatty acids which helps to lower inflammation and triglycerides and reduce blood cholesterol levels. They also offer a good dose of choline which is imperative for optimal brain and liver function. In fact, according to Dr. Josh Axe, “the liver depends on choline to operate correctly, and one sign of a choline deficiency is poor liver function. Low choline levels are correlated with fatty liver disease, and some research in animals also indicates that choline deficiency may be linked to some types of cancers as well. Plus, in proper amounts, choline has also been found to treat certain brain issues, such as depression, and improve memory and cognitive function.”
Eggs are a terrific part of a KETO protocol as they offer an option that is low carb with optimal levels of protein and fat, in addition to being super nourishing! Keeping carbs low helps to regulate blood sugar and insulin which then keeps inflammation in check and therefore supports the immune system.
If you are interested in a KETO for Women program that includes recipes, meal guides, all the education you need in order to understand how keto works and apply it in a way that supports your body as a woman, I invite you to check out my program here!
- 6 Eggs
- 6 slices, Prosciutto
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 7 oz Green Chilies, canned & chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Butter, coconut oil or avocado oil to grease muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350F & prepare muffin tin with coconut oil, butter or avocado oil and grease very, very well!!
- Line cups of muffin tin with the prosciutto (bottoms and edges).
- Beat eggs and heavy whipping cream well.
- Lightly sautee the onions and garlic then add to the egg mixture and combine well along with the green chilies and salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into each cup filling about 3/4 full. (If you have extra egg mixture you can fill other cups minus the prosciutto.)
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until egg cups are turning golden brown and eggs are set.
- You can change this up and add whatever veggies you would like, perhaps even cheese and hot sauce on top!