Pepperoncini Pot Roast
The flavor in this roast is ridiculous. We are in LOVE with this! You really can’t get much easier than this, either. We used a roast from our own grass fed beef (my husband and I have a grass fed beef business in the Willamette Valley in Oregon).
Although I have been big into using the crockpot this Fall, this recipe would be perfect any time of year. It shredded basically on it’s own when it was done and I put a big scoop in the middle of a butter lettuce leaf (love that stuff!). It makes for amazing taco meat! It would also be great along side mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash (if you’ve not tried that I encourage you to do so especially if you are following a ketogenic protocol).
If you are interested in grass fed and finished beef that you can order online and it will shipped to your door, please head over to www.oregonvalleyfarm.com!
- 4 lbs Chuck Roast (grass fed & finished!)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 Packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 stick Butter (grass fed such as Kerrygold)
- 8 Pepperonchini peppers, chopped and keep the juice!
- Place roast in crock pot. Sprinkle the packets of ranch and onion soup mix over the raost. Top with the stick of butter, chopped pepperoncinis and pour the juice over the roast as well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or on low for 2 hours and high for about 4 hours to speed up the process a bit but still have a delicious roast!). The meat will make it’s own juices along with the butter and juice from the peperoncinis.
- Once the roast is done, use two forks to shred the meat (this should be so easy, the meat will just fall apart for you). Either discard the pepperoncinis or mix them in with the shredded beef.
- Serving Size: 6