Mexican Brunch Pie
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45
I make this every Christmas morning and sometimes Easter. It’s a hit, supper yummy AND EASY!!! Great for those watching carb intake but wanting something tasty at a brunch. You could absolutely add bacon, sausage, veggies if you’d like but it really is amazing as is.
This recipe calls for regular flour, but I use almond flour to make it gluten free and more keto friendly. I also like to double the recipe so we have leftovers for a couple of days (it really doesn’t last long at my house). It makes for an easy breakfast or snack that is full of protein and healthy fat. Just heat it up in the microwave.
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (I use almond flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack which is a fav at my house!)
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix beaten eggs with butter (melted) & baking powder & flour in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until mixture is well blended.
- Stir in cottage cheese, shredded cheese & green chilies.
- Spoon into a well-greased pie dish.
- Bake at 400F uncovered for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350F and bake another 20 minutes or until set.
- Let cool about 10 minutes. Slice and serve!
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 2
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 2
- Fat: 2