Meatballs & Spaghetti Squash Noodles (Gluten Free)
These are hands down some of the best tasting meatballs I’ve ever had! We did test them out with some marinara as well and they were good, but I really preferred them without in order to have the unmasked flavor of the meatballs. They are that good!!
You could easily replace the cheese with a non-dairy version of your choice for a dairy free recipe!
As for the spaghetti squash, I absolutely recommend baking it WHOLE in order to easily cut it in half! This method has been a game changer for me! I would avoid spaghetti squash because it was such a pain in my rear to cut open. Now I just bake it whole and…HELLO…it’s SO easy!
- 1 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup Almond Flour
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 2 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Grass-fed Butter (Kerrygold is my favorite), to taste
- Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients well. Roll up your sleeves and use your hands (this really is the best way to do it).
- Split the beef mixture into six parts and form six meat balls with your hands. Place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the spaghetti squash on the lined baking sheet & bake 35-45 minutes (flip over halfway through). Check to make sure it’s ready with a knife. You should be able to cut through the squash very easily when it’s done baking.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise & scoop the seeds out. Use a fork to scrape out the strands of squash.
- For this recipe I simply added grass fed butter and sea salt to the warm “noodles” and tossed well. SO delicious!
- Serving Size: 2