I LOVE banana bread! In fact, before I started following a ketogenic protocol I was always making it. I would make several loaves or a bunch of muffins and keep the extras in the freezer. I always made sure to make them “healthy”. Of course for a long time that meant “low fat”! Oh how times have changed!! While these yummy muffins are low carb (about 15 net carbs per muffin), they are a little too high in carb to be considered KETO (unless you’re not having hardly any carbs in the rest of your day!).
If you would rather do something a little more paleo, you can for sure substutite something like honey or coconut sugar for the sweetener. Just be sure to adjust the amount as needed!
- 1 Over Ripe Banana
- ½ cup Butter, melted (I use grass fed)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ cup Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Keto friendly sweetener like Erythritol (or sweetener of choice, just adjust amount as needed)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips (I use Lily’s brand as they are sweetened with stevia) OR you could use chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mash banana in medium sized bowl then add all wet ingredients and combine well.
- Combine dry ingredients (aside from chocolate chips) in a separate bowl.
- Blend wet and dry ingredients together with a mixer. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter amongst the 12 muffin tin cups.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until muffins start to turn golden brown.