This is a delicious recipe using Fathead dough. For you who follow a ketogenic protocol, you probably know exactly what I’m talking about! It’s one of the best bread/roll/pizza crust alternatives and is loved by keto and non-keto people alike! I will caution you, though; if you are a non-dairy consumer then perhaps skip the fathead wrap and make a bacon burrito bowl instead! OR you could substitute with a Siete tortilla/wrap (Whole Foods carries these or you can order them online).
- 6 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 oz Cream Cheese, full fat
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
Bacon Layer and Filling
- 24 Slices Bacon (pasture raised)
- 1 lb Ground Beef (grass fed and finished)
- 1 Yellow Onion, medium
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, medium
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Make the fathead dough and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the ingredients (it’s much easier to work with when chilled!).
- Partially cook the bacon in the oven. Be very careful with this step because if you cook it too much it will get overcooked in the next steps! Make sure it’s not at all crispy during this step!
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Brown the ground beef on the stove.
- Saute the onion and bell pepper until soft and set aside.
- Line a 13×18″ baking pan or 2, 9×13″ pans with parchment paper.
- On a separate piece of parchment paper, roll the fathead dough out to about 1/4″ thickness in a rectangle.
- Bake the fathead dough just slightly, about 10 minutes. Let cool a little.
- On the pan lined with parchment paper, lay out the strips of bacon so they are slightly overlapping.
- Add the fathead dough crust on top of the bacon.
- Layer the ground beef and onion/green pepper mixture over the fathead crust.
- Gently roll the crust and filling until it’s closed like a burrito and then wrap the bacon around the whole thing, crossing the ends to seal the burrito.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add whatever toppings you desire (sour cream, salsa, cheese, olives, chives, etc)!