Anyone else LOVE lemon poppy seed muffins?! I am a huge fan but don’t often have them because the way they are usually made, you might as well have a donut! THIS recipe, however, allows you to have the best of both worlds with wonderful, healthy ingredients like almond flour, honey for the sweetener, fresh lemon juice and avocado oil. However, it still tastes like a treat!
You could use a keto friendly sweetener like erythritol to make this a lower carb treat that fits into a ketogenic protocol.
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 zest from 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup Milk of your choice (for a dairy alternative I love milkadamia)
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 3 eggs
- 2.50 cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch (you can use corn starch)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan or line with parchment muffin liners (I love making mini muffins!)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients individually, stirring while adding each one to combine well.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tin. I use a small cookie dough scoop, it makes it so easy and less messy! I like to fill my muffin cups pretty full so there is a good muffin top (the kind we want to have!!).
- Bake at 350F 15-18 minutes or until they start to turn a little golden.
- Let cool and enjoy!! I highly recommend having one with your morning coffee…so tasty!