Lemon Bars (Keto/Low Carb)
- Yield: 9 1x
This has just taken the spot in my household for FAVORITE Keto dessert! I absolutely love lemon and it’s such a delicious treat for Springtime! This was far easier to make than I had anticipated.
For sweeteners, I try to stick with non GMO, organic if possible. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol from fermented fruit or veggies. I personally prefer it to the taste of stevia (stevia has a bitter aftertaste in my opinion). You can absolutely switch up the sweetener in any of these recipes to use something you prefer, just adjust the amount for taste.
I love to share Keto desserts on my page but also will caution you to not have them ALL the time! If you have goals for weight loss I would especially warn not to overdue the sweets as it will very easily keep you in that mode of craving sweet stuff!! Plus, too much of things like almond flour can boost carbs more than you would think.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Confectioners Erythritol
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 3 Lemons, juiced
- 1 zest from one lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Eggs, room temp (you can place them in warm water for a few minutes to warm!)
- ¾ cup Confectioner’s Erythritol
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Confectioner’s Erythritol
- Preheat oven to 350F & line an 8×8 casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Place the almond flour, confectioner’s erythritol, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the melted butter and stir until everything clumps together.
- Add the dough to the baking dish. Spread and flatten with a spatula making sure to get some along the sides of the dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
- Combine the lemon juice, zest, vanilla, and eggs in a mixing bowl and blend well.
- Add the almond flour and Confectioner’s erythritol. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Gently pour the filling over the crust, smoothing with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes. Remove the bars by pulling on the edges of the parchment paper and lifting them from the pan.
- Sprinkle the convectioner’s erythritol for the topping evenly over the bars.
- Cut and serve! These are even more delicious chilled!