Keto Taco Cups
This Taco Cup recipe is Keto friendly, but it is for sure one of those crowd pleasers (keto and non-keto alike)! It is quite the keto comfort food! If you miss bread, fat head dough is for sure my favorite way to satisfy that craving. It is so much like regular bread. It is a recipe I use constantly, especially if we have non-keto people over and I want to make something everyone can have. It’s great for rolls, buns, or things like this!
Fat Head Dough
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- ¾ cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder (or Trader Joes’ “Everything But The Bagel” Seasoning)
- ⅓ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Shredded Cheese (I like to use Pepper Jack)
- 1 lb Ground Beef (grass fed and finished)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ⅛ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1.50 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.50 cups Shredded Cheese (your choice)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, avocado
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Microwave on high for 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted (don’t cook too long! It’s so important to stir really well every 20 seconds. It melts really fast!)
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg until beaten. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine cheese mixture with egg mixture. Then add in remaining shredded cheese and mix well.
- Put dough in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the meat filling.
- Brown the ground beef and then add all of the seasonings and combine well.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place it between 2 large piece of parchment paper. Roll the dough out until it’s fairly thin; about 1/4 inch thick.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or coconut oil (just 6 of the cups need to be greased)
- Use a large mouthed jar or large circle cookie cutter to make cut 6 circles out of your dough. Then carefully press each of the circles into the individual muffin tin cups.
- Spoon meat mixture into each cup, dividing evenly then top each cup with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold! They are really good either way and a great snack! Top with whatever your little heart desires, they are good with or without added toppings!
- Serving Size: 6