Okay keto people! This one is for YOU 🙂 This jalapeño burger is AMAZING….and messy…but mostly amazing!
If you are a little nervous about the jalapeño being too hot, just make sure to de-seed them well and you can cook them a bit before adding them to the burger to bring that heat level down a bit.
I highly recommend you use hormone free, antibiotic free, nitrate/nitrite free and grass fed and finished whenever you have such options with your animal products. Any of those attributes in your food will be part of your own system once you eat it. You don’t want that added inflammation, hormone imbalance, etc. to contend with!
This recipe is adapted from www.delish.com
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- ground pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1.50 lbs grass fed ground beef
- butter lettuce, or large lettuce leaves of choice (for wraps)
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella & jalapenos. Season with salt & pepper, then fold in cooked bacon.
- Form ground beef into 8 large, thin rounds (about 1/4″). Spoon about 1/4 cup of filling mixture onto one patty, then place a second patty on top. Pinch edges to seal burger. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Preheat grill to med-high. Season burgers on both sides with chili powder, salt & pepper. Place on grill & cook until done to your preference (should be around 6 minutes per side).
- Add whatever condiments you love and use your lettuce in place of a bun!
- Serving Size: 4