Gingerbread Cookies (Paleo)
To me, part of having a well rounded Christmas season is including some soft, homemade gingerbread cookies! These are paleo but could easily be made keto by swapping out the coconut sugar for a keto friendly sweetener of choice.
This year, instead of ground ginger, I grabbed a bottle of my doTERRA Ginger essential oil and used 2 drops. The flavor is amazing! A little side note: I LOVE how versatile these oils are and that they are CPTG (certified pure therapeutic grade) which means they are safe to ingest and they do not contain fillers or metals and other toxins. I use my little bottle of ginger for tummy upsets, to diffuse in holiday blends that I create and in recipes like this!
- ½ cup Butter (or coconut oil), melted
- ½ cup Coconut sugar (or keto friendly sweetener of choice)
- 3 tbsp Molasses
- 2 Eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Almond flour
- ¾ cup Coconut flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Ground ginger (I used 2 drops of my doTERRA essential oil)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter (or coconut oil), coconut sugar, molasses, eggs and vanilla. Combine well.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place dough on counter between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll dough out evenly until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper with about a 1/2 inch between cookies so they don’t bake together.
- Bake 8-10 minutes and let cool about 5 minutes before transferring from the baking sheet. ENJOY!
- Serving Size: 1