Cheesy goodness right here! This is the best low carb, gluten free comfort food! Obviously, you can use the “crust” and change up the filling to make whatever kind of calzone you would like. I actually made extra crust dough and made little biscuits out of the rest for snacks or as part of another meal. They are delicious warm with butter.
This also works perfectly as just a pizza crust. There are so many different low carb (keto) pizza crust recipes and I will say this is by far my favorite that I’ve made so far, and I have made MANY! You can also easily switch up the herbs and spices and create your own special flavor. I love Trader Joe’s “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning on things like this!
- 4 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Dried Parsley
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 1.50 lbs Grass Fed Ground Beef
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Ketchup, no sugar added
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium sized glass bowl, add the mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring intermittently. It should be soft and combined well when it’s done, no un-melted cheese.
- Whisk the flour and dried seasonings together in another bowl. Add the beaten eggs and combine well.
- Add the egg/flour mixture to the cheese mixture and mix well. It is best to wash your hands, roll your sleeves up and dig in so that you can incorporate everything well without struggling to stir the dough.
- Spread the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper over it and roll the dough out with a rolling pin. Roll it out to your desired thickness.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with a fresh piece of parchment paper.
- Cook the bacon and then crumble once cooled.
- Cook the ground beef until browned.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the meat (including the bacon) and cook until the cheese is completely melted and mixed into the meat.
- Place the meat and cheese mixture down the center of the pizza dough. Wet your hands to keep the dough from sticking to them and lift one side of the dough up and fold it over until you can seal the dough together in a half circle.
- Press the edges of the dough together with your fingers until it is sealed well.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!