Beef Empanadas (Keto)
- Yield: 4 1x
Comfort food alert! This is one that comes with no guilt, however, if you are in the low carb camp. This simple recipe uses fathead dough for the crust. You can doctor this up with olives and sour cream if you like. We added salsa on top and it was delicious with or without!
- 1.50 cups Mozzarella
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1.25 cups Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb Ground Beef (grass fed and finished)
- ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Chile Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a pan over medium heat, saute onions in olive oil until starting to soften. Add ground beef and seasons. Cook until browned. Add the salsa, combine well and set aside.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds until cheese is melted and combined well.
- Add egg to cheese mixture and mix well.
- Add almond flour and mix until smooth and combined well.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper until about 1/4″ thick. Use a bowl to cut uniform circles.
- I take the excess dough, mush it into a ball and roll it out again.
- Lay the circles on a cookie sheet lined with parchement paper or a silcone baking mat.
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of the meat mixture in the middle of each circle and fold in half. Press the edges down with a fork.
- Cook at 425 F for 12 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown. Top with whatever you’d like…sour cream, olives, salsa…. serve warm!