Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing (low carb)
- Yield: 2 1x
If you are a keto person…before you freak out about HONEY in the title of this, please understand that 1 Tbsp of honey in the entire dressing recipe of which you will only use part of, will not have a significant negative impact on your protocol. However, if you are really wanting to avoid it, you can absolutely use a “keto friendly” sweetener instead!
I love using small amounts of honey or 100% pure maple syrup here and there in recipes as the flavor is so good in my opinion!
I also made my chicken in the air fryer, but if you don’t have one, absolutely bake it or fry it in a healthy fat such as coconut oil, butter or ghee.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pink Himalayan salt and black pepper
- avocado or olive oil, for brushing
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1–2 avocados, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel and set aside
- Mix together the almond flour, parmesan cheese, spices and salt and pepper together in a shallow dish
- Coat the chicken in oil on both sides then dip in the almond flour mixture, making sure to press it into the chicken and cover well on both sides.
- Set your air fryer to 375F , line the basket with parchment paper, lay the chicken breast inside the basket and air fry for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While your chicken is cooking, whisk together the honey mustard dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Get the veggies ready on your plates or bowls to serve.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, let it cool for a few minutes so it’s not super hot to the touch. Slice it into strips and place on the top of the salad along with the crumbled bacon.
- Drizzle the dressing over your salads and enjoy!!