Looking for a delicious, creamy dressing that you can use on salads or for an addition to a meat or fish dish? Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs. It is a good source of fiber, vitamins A, C, E, K, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium. You can easily make this dairy free by opting for a dairy free plain yogurt.
Recipe adapted from www.gimmedelicious.com
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ¼ cup Cilantro, fresh, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogut (full fat!)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lime or Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup Water
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend well until mixture is nice and smooth. Use your 1/3 cup water to thin the dressing (add less or more depending on desired consistency).
- Store, covered, in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 8