I admit that I sometimes struggle with keto/gluten free recipes because the flour alternative can be grainy, the recipe can be too eggy OR the sweetener can be overpowering. None of this is the case in this recipe! In fact, it’s very moist and tastes so much like “regular” zucchini bread! I love mine with a little almond butter on it!
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener or preferred keto sweetener (coconut sugar for Paleo)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low carb chocolate chips (I love Lily’s brand!)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8X4 inch or 7.5×4.5 inch loaf pan (see notes below) with avocado oil or olive oil and set aside.
2. Shred the zucchini with a cheese grater or the grater attachment on a food processor. Squeeze out any excess moisture with a paper towel; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sweetener.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, avocado oil, and vanilla.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and grated zucchini.
6. Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
7. Bake for about one hour or until a knife or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool for several minutes before attempting to remove it from the pan. Enjoy!